Body hair transplant (BHT)
Sometimes it is not possible to use follicular units extracted from the scalp. In such cases a solution is offered by body hair, and especially facial hair.
Following are the cases in which it is necessary to use body hair:
- Insufficient donor area
- Destroyed donor area (due to previous hair transplantation procedures)
- Advanced hair loss (the donor area is not rich enough to cover the whole scalp)
The beard has thicker and wavy hairs that can offer a good coverage.
Chest, stomach, legs and arms could be used but hair is thinner and we don’t know its response yet. They represent an additional resource in cases where there aren’t many other options.
The healing process is fast and almost completely undetectable.
Hair transplant repair
In our clinics in Italy and in the USA we also carry out repair procedures, when previous hair transplantations are not satisfying.
Following are some examples:
- Unnatural hairline correction
- Strip scar revision
- Repair of destroyed donor areas
Over the last few years more and more patients have requested a beard reconstruction. Here are the reasons why:
- Lack of the beard due to genetic reasons
- Low density
- Lack of the beard due to surgeries or accidents
- Desire for a higher density
Beard hair itself or scalp hair are used. The aim is to recreate the same density, angulation and direction in order to obtain a natural result.